I know, I know, you can find a million banana bread recipes with a single google search. I hesitated to even share with this one with you. There's nothing fancy about it at all. It's as basic as it comes. But it is SO GOOD. This is the recipe you turn to when you have brown mushy bananas that you need to use up. This is the recipe you turn to when you're craving a moist, delicious banana bread with great flavor. This is the recipe you turn to when you only want to have to wash ONE bowl. You've probably caught on to this by now, but in my opinion sometimes basic is best. No frills, no whistles, just flavor and texture.
yield: 1 8x4 loaf
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Melt butter in a large bowl in the microwave. Add bananas and mash well with a fork.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla, then beat in the egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips if desired. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. (There are few breakfast treats that aren't improved by the crunch of some turbinado sugar.)
- Bake 50 minutes to an hour, testing for doneness. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from SimplyRecipes