June! When did that happen? (Also, does commenting on the rapid passage of time ever become old? It just always seems surprising!)
"Summer" takes on a whole new meaning in Houston. Unrelenting heat and humidity means fewer opportunities for outside play, a lot of watermelon, and pool time every day. We're still learning how to shape our days to beat the heat.
Whether you're sitting down with your breakfast and cup of coffee or hiding from you children in the bathroom (hey, we all do it...), here are some links for you to kick off your weekend. Happy reading!
- Amazing photos.
- Some interesting ideas here but I'm not sure I'm bold enough to do any of them.
- WOAH. Who comes up with these things??
- Picking my jaw up off the floor...
- I'm reading Bill Bryon's At Home and this book review nails it. I can't put it down but it makes my head want to explode.
- I actually admire that my husband always answers his phone. It's like old fashioned good manners, haha.
- Mayo taste test. I actually make trips to TJ's specifically for their mayo. Maybe I'll revisit Hellman's.
- How to choose a ripe watermelon. And if you want to get really technical about it. (And maybe risk looking like a crazy person.)
- Now put that to use! How refreshing does this look!!
- These cookies look like my kind of simple and delicious.