Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! May his life be a real inspiration in our lives!
Now, while you're waiting around for the parade to start, or the pub to open (jk! please be safe today), here are a few little tid bits to help you pass the time. Oh yeah, and in case you missed it, we've got some boozy Guinness Bailey's brownies up on the blog, and Sophie's got your recipe conundrum covered with an Irish Soda Bread bake-off!
- These have been staring at us from Joanne Chang's cookbook flour for a few years now. Maria has plans to make them (finally) over the weekend! stay tuned on instagram to see how they turn out!
- These are a must-try if you like falafel.
- This shaved foie gras flower is so beautiful. I can just feel its crinkles melt in my mouth!
- Maria just got the first issue, and now she's a subscriber.
food for thought
- Jane Goodall has always puzzled and intrigued me. At the very least, though, she was impressively confident and immune to others' opinions. I appreciated this reflection of hers.
- This is a little tongue-in-cheek, but I like the point. Maria's take on it: we're not just forming our children by parenting. We're - maybe more importantly - forming ourselves. We must become good through our efforts just as much as we are trying to make them good.
- Even though we want to stuff our faces with all the pies we saw on IG this week, it’s a little annoying to see a most mysterious and fundamental mathematical reality reduced to confection. Here’s a reminder of what makes pi so interesting.
- Shakespeare spoke pirate speak? This short video won't disappoint. If you have time, go on and watch Ben Crystal's entire presentation. It's riveting!
just for fun