Okay, so it's Saturday again and we've got a list of fun stuff for you to browse!
Before you settle down on the couch with your cup of coffee through, you might want to jump up and spend 5 minutes mixing together our recipe for Cream Scones. Because they really are that easy and that delicious.
I mean, look at them:
But back to the list!
- The 2018 Winter Olympics are still on our minds here, and of course the figure skating. Maria found a GIF Guide to Figure Skaters' Jumps. "They still look all the same to me," she says.
- But I appreciate them way more now!! Thanks, Smithsonian, for trying to explain the physics involved to us plebeians.
- Sophie unearthed This fantastic chart. " It's nifty to me because I'm trying to start a habit of hand-shaping pasta once a week with Edith," she says. (I can't wait for her to share pictures of Edith's (2yo) pasta creations!)
- Every recipe in this book, but especially THIS --> Psst. It's Ottolenghi's Flourless Coconut Cake, but you should click on the link and see it for yourself.
- IKEA hacks are the best. Dollhouse hack? Even better. Maria thinks she could actually manage some of these for Esther's birthday
- The victims of the recent school shootings are in our thoughts and prayers. So much tragedy in the news has us pretty downhearted, and it's hard to see what amount of policy change could fix what are deeper cultural problems. But it's stories like this, people like this, who are rays of hope in a bleak landscape.
- There is some consolation in the skewed numbers. Talk about misleading figures.
- Here's one of my favorite things recently. As far as I can discover, this is for real!
- This article on self care....nailed it. I can't help myself, I'm going to give some of the article away: "True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from." Oh and here's another good line: "It means being the hero of your life, not the victim." Read it!
- This one is fun. What kind of bread are YOU? Maria: Multigrain. Sarah: Challah. Sophie: Tortilla. We don't pretend to understand the logic, but it's fun!